IISER Kolkata is located in Haringhata. You can reach IISER by road or train.
The fares for the various commutes between Kanchrapara and our campus were taken from an IISER brochure. The fares will obviously change (most likely increase) as time passes. The train timings have been updated on 11 January 2009. Though train schedules do not change often, it is a good idea to get a copy of the railway timetable from a station.
You can view a more detailed map, including annotations of our hostels and guest house at wikimapia.
The train station nearest to the Haringhata campus is Kanchrapara. The Kanchrapara station is on the Sealdah line (train timings given below) and is 8km from our institute along Kanchrapara road, which connects the Kalyani expressway to the NH34.
- Approximate time of travel by train is 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Buses (Route 22) ply between Jagulia More and Kanchrapara station every ten minutes.
- To reach the campus, get down at either of the bus stops Gate 2 or Gate 3 (marked on the map). Gate 2 is closer to the CV Raman building (straight in, second left) while Gate 3 is closer to the main academic buildings and the hostels.
- Bus fare between the campus and Kanchrapara station is Rs 6.
- Shared auto rickshaws also ply between the campus and Kanchrapara station (fare Rs 10).
- A full auto rickshaw can be reserved for Rs 60.
|Sealdah to Kanchrapara||Kanchrapara to Sealdah|
|Gede Local||0740||Gede Local arr Dum Dum||0710|
|Gede Local||0858||Gede Local||0838|
|Kalyani Simanta||1120||Kalyani Simanta||0931|
|Gede Local||1405||Gede Local||1158|
|Lalgola dep at Dum Dum||1413||Shantipur||1236|
|Gede Local||1715||Kalyani Simanta||1645|
|Gede Local||1820||Kalyani Simanta||1745|
|Ranaghat dep at Dum Dum||1912||Ranaghat||1911|
|Gede Local||1917||Kalyani Simanta||1918|
|Kalyani Simanta||2010||Kalyani Simanta||2015|
|Gede Local||2130||Gede Local||2115|